Tuesday, October 26, 2010

World Series preview

By Brad Morrison

The rotation is in, with Lincecum going in game 1, Cain in game 2, Sanchez in game 3 and Bumgarner in game 4.  This lineup makes some sense because Matt Cain is fresh and has a better ERA at home than in parks where the ball carries. Zito threw a simulated game yesterday and could make the bullpen roster, but who would you dump to make room?

My big question is the DH in Texas, we will see something very familiar in game 1 & 2 at home. Burrell makes some sense as the DH but if Bochy keeps with his standard outfield and puts Rentaria at short (which he does when the other team has speed and likes to run) then Uribe would likely start at third, making Pablo the probable DH.

Sandoval's approch during the last couple of games was significantly better than it was prior. You could make an argument that others could come up big or are due, but Pablo's my guess. If it's Burrell then Ross could start in left field and Nate Schierholtz would start in right, giving the team the best defensive outfield, but Burrell has stated that he didn't like being the DH with the Rays, "For me it has to have something to do with being in the flow of the game, playing in the field, being active in the game. I think that's a huge part of it for me. I'm not saying that that's right or wrong. I think just for me that was an important part of it."; he admitted to the press.  So, will Bochy put him in that position?

What's your guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment